AutoCAD Jumpstart : Get Certified
CAD & Modelling Courses
Learn AutoCAD and Get Certified as an Autodesk Certified Associate and Autodesk Certified Professional.
The primary objective of this 5 day AutoCAD Training course is to teach students the basic commands necessary for professional 2D drawing, design, and drafting using AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. Students learn the features, commands, and techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings with AutoCAD .Using hands-on exercises, students explore how to create 2D production drawings. You’ll also be prepared for and take the Autodesk Certified Associate (ACA) exams.
Whatever your career path, proven Autodesk software expertise will keep you ahead of the curve and help you develop a solid competitive advantage in today’s complex marketplace.
Autodesk certifications are a reliable validation of your skills and knowledge, and can lead to accelerated professional development, improved productivity, and enhanced credibility in your field.
This AutoCAD Training course is designed for new users of AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT. This is for delegates who would like their AutoCAD experience to be proven with an official certification from Autodesk.
In addition to improving your skill set, earning Autodesk Certification provides advantages and benefits:
- Enhanced skills and recognition: Autodesk Certification provides validation of your skills and knowledge along with recognition of your achievements.
- Electronic certificate: Once certified, you receive access to an electronic certificate, suitable for printing and framing. You may reprint this certificate as often as you like.
- Certification logo: After passing the certification exam, you will receive the official Autodesk certification logo identifying you as Autodesk Certified, which you can use on business cards, resumes, and letterheads.
- Immediate diagnostic feedback: Whether or not you pass the exam, you will receive immediate feedback on areas to improve your Autodesk application skills.
- Listing in the Certified Professionals Database: Once certified, you can choose to have your contact information and certifications listed in our publicly available database. This is an excellent way to demonstrate your certification status to prospective employers.
You’ll know about drafting, design, or engineering principles although this knowledge is not essential it will be helpful.
You’ll learn to navigate the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT user interfaces, use the fundamental features of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT, use the precision drafting tools in AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT to develop accurate technical drawings and present drawings in a detailed and visually impressive way.
You will be prepared for and able to take the Autodesk Certified Associate Exam.
Taking the AutoCAD Tour
- Navigating the Working Environment
- Working with Files
- Displaying Objects
Creating Basic Drawings
- Inputting Data
- Creating Basic Objects
- Using Object Snaps
- Using Polar Tracking and PolarSnap
- Using Object Snap Tracking
- Working with Units
- Selecting Objects in the Drawing
- Changing an Object’s Position
- Creating New Objects from Existing Objects
- Changing the Angle of an Object’s Position
- Creating a Mirror Image of Existing Objects
- Creating Object Patterns
- Changing an Object’s Size
Drawing Organization and Inquiry Commands
- Using Layers
- Changing Object Properties
- Matching Object Properties
- Using the Properties Palette
- Using Linetypes
- Using Inquiry Commands
- Trimming and Extending Objects to Defined Boundaries
- Creating Parallel and Offset Geometry
- Joining Objects
- Breaking an Object into Two Objects
- Applying a Radius Corner to Two Objects
- Creating an Angled Corner Between Two Objects
- Changing Part of an Object’s Shape
Working with Layouts
- Using Layouts
- Using Viewports
Annotating the Drawing
- Creating Multiline Text
- Creating Single Line Text
- Using Text Styles
- Editing Text
- Creating Dimensions
- Using Dimension Styles
- Editing Dimensions
- Using Multileaders
- Hatching Objects
- Editing Hatch Objects
Working with Reusable Content
- Using Blocks
- Working with DesignCenter
- Using Tool Palettes
Creating Additional Drawing Objects
- Working with Polylines
- Creating Splines
- Creating Ellipses
- Using Tables
Plotting Your Drawings
- Using Page Setups
- Plotting Drawings
Creating Drawing Templates
- Using Drawing Templates
Autodesk Certified Associate Exam Preparation
- Test Quiz
- Work through Exam preparation Guide
- Take ACA Exam
- Come back and take the Autodesk Certified Professional Exam
If you have any questions, or you would like to find out more about this training course - please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to help.
Tel: 0845 676 2250
Courses provided by partners Academy Class.
By: Jonathan Williams
By: Jonathan Chadwick
By: kitten mitten