Posted by: Elemental Communications | Date added: Tue 06 Dec 2011
Social media predicts top three X Factor finalists and still points to Little Mix as potential The X Factor winners
Early social media analysis correctly predicted The X Factor finalists ahead of the weekend semi-finals (03-04 December 2011) and points to Little Mix as potential winners of series 8.
Contestants Misha B, Marcus Collins, Amelia Lily and Little Mix had to sing a Motown classic and a track that they thought could see them to the finals. Unfortunately, for Misha B, she received the lowest number of votes and was sent home, something social media pointed to some weeks ago.
Elemental’s X Factor social media infographic http://www.elementalcomms.co.uk/blog/the-x-factor-social-media-and-the-live-shows-infographic-week-9 continues to demonstrate the impact that social media is having upon live shows, contestants, ITV’s main social assets, the judges and vice versa.
Rachel Hawkes, account director at Elemental, the communications consultancy that creates The X Factor infographic comments, “Our Week 7 infographic correctly predicted the three finalists for this weekend. Based on the social media results, Little Mix are still favourites to win and have be progressing week-on-week ahead of their peers and is echoed within social environments as well as within traditional media. Further summary analysis from the contestants (including Sunday’s guest performers Justin Bieber and Kelly Rowland) clearly indicate that Little Mix are still on track to win the X Factor as buzz and popularity around the girl band grows to their benefit.”
Summary of the initial X Factor social media analysis from Week 9
• Experienced the greatest growth of most fans over the whole weekend
• Grew by 21,786 fans over the weekend
• 5,027 new fans just during Saturday’s performance show
• 3,584 new Twitter followers during Saturday’s performance show
• Experienced the greatest growth of most fans during the live performance show
• Grew by 19,909 fans over the weekend
• 6,108 new fans just during Saturday’s performance show
• 3,910 new Twitter followers during Saturday’s performance show
• Grew by 13,540 fans over the weekend
• 3,823 new fans during Saturday’s performance show
• 2,374 new Twitter followers during Saturday’s performance show
• Least amount of new fans over the weekend
• Grew by 10,085 fans over the weekend (first time she has got more than 10,000 fans since the allegations of bullying)
• 2,444 new fans during Saturday’s performance show
• 1,705 new Twitter followers during Saturday’s show
• 2,692 new Twitter followers during Sunday’s show
“As we enter the home stretch for the X Factor contestants and they unleash themselves onto the media to create maximum exposure to boost their presence, it’s far from over. A lot can change over the next week and a co-ordinated PR approach with social media in the forefront could give some contestants the edge they desperately need. If contestants and their mentors are able to summon their collective love from fans, win new fans and tap celebrity friends to pass on the word, it could result in a positive tipping point. However, it’s essential that contestants translate this buzz into votes over the weekend, because it could be the difference in producing the winner on Sunday,” concludes Tim Gibbon, director at Elemental.
Week 9 social media analysis and infographic (detailed analysis from 03-4 December 2011) will be available from Friday, 09 December 2011.
Cleve Gibbon chief marketing technology officer from digital technology agency Cognifide to guest speak at Internet World 2012
Date added: Fri 20 Apr 2012
Digital technology agency Cognifide to be a sponsor of the Adobe Digital Marketing Summit EMEA
Date added: Thu 05 Apr 2012
Digital technology agency Cognifide to exhibit at Sitecore Digital Trendspot 2012 in London, UK
Date added: Mon 12 Mar 2012
Rachel Hawkes from communications consultancy to guest present on content strategy and social search at SES London 2012
Date added: Mon 20 Feb 2012
How social media measurement and analysis predicted the first group Little Mix to the win The X Factor
Date added: Fri 16 Dec 2011